IF you had been born on or earlier than April 5, 1954, you may be eligible for as much as £300 in direction of your heating payments.
Beneath the Authorities’s winter gas cost scheme, over-65s can get between £100 and £300 to offset the price of retaining their properties heat.
Right here’s every part you might want to know:
What’s the winter gas cost?
The Winter Gas Fee is an annual tax-free profit to assist with heating prices.
Most people who find themselves eligible for it get it robotically, as an illustration in case you obtain the state pension or different social safety advantages (not Housing Profit, Council Tax Discount, Little one Profit or Common Credit score).
In case you meet the factors however don’t robotically get the cost then you have to to use.
The deadline for claiming funds for winter 2019 to 2020 is March 13 2020.
Folks qualify for a winter gas cost if each of the next apply:
- you had been born on or earlier than 5 November 1953
- you lived within the UK for a minimum of sooner or later through the week of 17 to 23 September 2018 – that is known as the “qualifying week”
In case you didn’t stay within the UK through the qualifying week, you may nonetheless get the cost if each the next apply:
- you reside in Switzerland or a EEA nation
- you’ve gotten a real hyperlink with the UK social safety system, similar to having lived or labored within the UK for many of your life
However there are exclusions – you possibly can’t get the cost in case you stay in Cyprus, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Malta, Portugal or Spain.
It is because the typical winter temperature is greater than the warmest area of the UK.
You’ll not qualify in case you:
- are in hospital getting free therapy for greater than a 12 months
- want permission to enter the UK and your granted depart states that you could not declare public funds
- had been in jail for the entire week between 16 to 22 September 2019
- lived in a care dwelling for the entire time between 24 June to 22 September 2019, and received Pension Credit score, Revenue Help, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Help Allowance
Sponsored Content material: The right way to save £268 a 12 months off your vitality payments
BEAT vitality worth rises 12 months after 12 months with Switchcraft. It’s free and it might prevent a mean of £268 a 12 months.
- Join, simply examine tariffs and change
- When you join, Switchcraft will robotically discover you a less expensive deal when a greater tariff comes up, saving you time, problem and cash.
- It takes simply three minutes. That’s it!
- Click on right here to get saving!
Information UK has a model partnership with Switchcraft.
How a lot can I get?
The winter gas cost is price between £100 and £300 relying in your age, whether or not you obtain advantages and whether or not you reside alone or not.
Funds are normally made between November and December, and you need to get yours by January 13, 2020 on the newest.
In case you haven’t received your cost by then, you might want to name the workplace that pays your advantages. It’s best to be capable to discover the small print on letters they’ve despatched you.
See the desk under for the complete particulars.
Your cost could also be totally different in case you or your accomplice get one of many following advantages:
- pension credit score
- income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA)
- income-related employment and help allowance (ESA)
- earnings help
Right here’s how a lot you possibly can declare in these eventualities:
Any cash you get is not going to have an effect on your different advantages.
All advantages, pensions and allowances are paid into an account, similar to a checking account.
Go to the Division for Work and Pensions web site for extra particulars.
MOST READ IN NEWS
OUT WITH A BANG
Pilot of aircraft that sparked RAF jets' sonic increase 'practically had coronary heart assault'
The right way to get assist paying your vitality payments this winter – and save over £1,000.
From reductions to bonus funds, right here’s 4 suggestions and methods to maintain your heating invoice underneath management this winter.
What’s the Heat House Low cost and the way do you get £140 in direction of your electrical energy invoice?